Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 20:05:08 -0400
At 07:40 PM 8/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim Walker wrote:
>
> >There is now a Trojan in the wild that will not be stopped by
> >language=NoHTML. This Trojan is not now widespread but it is a serious
> >threat.
> >
> > http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0%2C4586%2C5096155%2C00.html
>
>Why wouldn't language=NoHTML stop it from going out to list subscribers?
>
>Don.

I have searched the archives, the manual and conferred with an L-Soft
representative. The misconception I have held that Language= noHTML helps
defend against viruses is just that, a MISCONCEPTION.  This setting has
been put
forward by L-Soft for use as a convenience only (to strip the HTML from
multipart
messages).

I have further been advised that built-In email anti-virus processing will
be a
feature of the next release of LISTSERV.

Barbara Passmore