Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 May 1996 09:13:14 -0700

You said:
>...  I checked the SETUP/CONFIG
>option in the main menu but I couldn't find anything that mentioned rich
>headers.  The only similar option I found was "[ ] enable-full-headers"
>which I have turned on.

Right. "Config" not "Options".  After you "enable-full-hdr-cmd" (that
_is_ what you enabled, right?), then when you go to Compose a letter,
and you are up in the header area, you will see in the command menu at
the bottom of your screen, the command ^R (for Rich Headers); you need
to turn on Rich Headers while in the Header area of the letter you are
Composing.

Now, you'll see only the extra headers that have been defined by default.
If you want yet other headers, you'll first have to define them. Go back
to SETUP/CONFIG and find the "customized-hdrs" variable. Select it and
type in the headers you'd like to see appear in the letters you are
Composing.

>I agree with you.  It's always better to resend it back to the original
>sender, but in this case I refered to editing such things as wrong
>spellings in the topics or in the format/style that I request the
>subscribers to abide to when posting to the list.  I do not intend to
>actually change the content of their mails.  In any case it is always a
>sensible issue editing/moderating...

Frankly, I'd send those mis-typed TOPICS and non-conforming format/styles
back to the author, with comments on how to fix them. That way, next time
that author will be more careful about conforming to your requirements.
And, it eliminates a lot of the need for your extra headers.

>and if possible (does it exist??? Could it be added? Does it make sense?)
>Original(ly)-From or Original(ly)-Sent-By: <the original sender's address>
>(actually this could be the From as long as Revised-By is there)
>Revised-By or Edited-By: <the editor's address>

Yes, Define your headers as I described above.
Peter R.