Elena Fraboschi <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:27:23 -0500
I have had a list in my server for months now, since March, and
it was working out without a hitch.  It crashed last Sunday,
two days ago: server stopped, "lsv" not found among the processes.
I assumed that it was my fault, naturally :-)  I had left the
log file get too large.  I took it back to zero bytes.  I also
cleaned up the spool subdirectory, so that listserv would not
have to cope with hundreds of mails in the queue.

Now, I launch the server, "go bg", and it will work for minutes
at a time, and then it crashes.  The file "listserv.log" simply
tells me that a message was successfully delivered to the list
of recipients.  It usually manages to deliver just one message,
and it stops.

Can anyone give me a clue, please please?  Where do I go from here?
Anyone has had the same experience?  I hasten to say, unequivocally:
"Nothing has changed in the OS environment."  That's a dedicated
server we have only for the list and for the web, and there hav
been no updates, no nothing.  Many thanks for any help you can
give. Best,

Elena Fraboschi