"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 13:24:00 EDT
>Overall, I am very happy with the spam detector. My lists do not have the
>CONFIRM command, because I feel that it might be a bit too much for the
>archaeologists and historians on my lists. (Hey, it was a struggle just
>getting them online!)

There are still some ploys you can invoke, depending on your time and
effort.  The one that comes to mind, mentioned previously here is to
make * DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW This allows you put new subscribers "on
probation" until you are satisfied that they understand netiquette,
which might apply to your population since they might have difficulty
understanding CONFIRM as you have indicated.

When you are satisfied that new subscribers/posters understand
such matters, you could issue the command:

SET listname NOREVIEW FOR userid@node

See section 5.3.11 of the Listowner's Guide.

/Pete Weiss,
 Penn State