Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 16:19:44 EST
On Mon, 15 Jan 1996 11:54:28 -0400 Philip Harriman said:
>I'm a new LISTSERV owner/maintainer, and here is what I hope is a simple
>question: how do I delete lists?

You simply delete the .LIST file from the server.  E.g., for NT, you'd
go into \LISTSERV\MAIN and delete the .LIST file.  For Unix, it would
probably be in the ../home directory. And so forth.

>How would I learn how to do this without asking here; I can't find anything
>about this in the List Owner's Manual, and the LISTSERV maintainer's guide
>hasn't been released yet.

I believe we've updated the installation guide to include this information.
I know we did for NT and I was pretty sure we did for Unix.  I'll have to
double-check to make sure.  It won't be in teh list owner's manual because
generally the list owner doesn't have the privs to delete a list file.

Of course, you could have done a database search of the LSTOWN-L or
LSTSRV-L archives--

//    JOB    Echo=No
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD *
Select 'delete list' in LSTOWN-L
/*

I don't know if "delete list" would have found anything but that would
have been a start.

Nathan