Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:59:29 -0400
>Hi Ed
>
>Well I got promises of no further misbehaviour, which i believe.  i would
>like to get rid of the guy myself actually, but he keeps resubbing. hence,
>only identity screening of newcomers can get rid of him, and then not for
>certain, so i prefer to let him on and review his posts. the spoofer is a
>nice person who i like, so i'm willing to trust her not to interfere with
>my "harm limitation" techniques - so i probably wont even require unsub
>confirmation unless it happens again.
>
>Pete

Another possible alternative you could use if it becomes neccessary is to
use the Filter= header keyword.  As I understand it, you can stick a
series of e-mail addresses or wildcard e-mail addresses in that line and
it will prevent such people from subscribing to your list.  So if worst
comes to worst, you can always filter that persons site.

Just for my own curiosity, can a list owner subscribe somebody to a list
if that person's domain has been filtered from the list?  (I have no need
to do this.  just idle curiosity, which killed the cat so I hope it
doesn't kill me.)

Glenn