Adam O'Toole <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:23:58 -0400
My boss has asked me to remove a frivolous post from our
list's web archive.

I know I'm post-moderating, but this has to do with how
we are using Listserv in our organization.

I usually just use GET and PUT commands to deal with such
issues, but the LOG file in question is about 2 MB in size.

My email client, Outlook 2K, can happily send up to 1 MB
of plaintext in the email body. I can't find any way to
increase this threshold, at least on the client side, so that
I can send a larger file.

I have been granted access to our listserv server, and can
now edit files directly. The machine is running 1.8e on a
Windows 2000 platform.

Is there a procedure for safely editing the LOG file directly?
I am concerned that the HTML index will not be refreshed
if I do so, or that I will run in to some other difficulty. If it
is possible, I'd rather do this than investigate using alternative
email clients to PUT my edited file.