Joerg Rade <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Jul 1992 21:26:45 MSZ
Hi Jim, Hi Richard,

thanks for your fast replies. You both mention that it is nearly
impossible to reach 100% correct identification of human writing
as administrative vs. 'valid' contribution.

Agreed. 100% will be impossible (how about training a neural net ?
-- na, I'm just kiddin' :-).
But how about making a decision lets say of 90% correctness and
put the other 10% on hold until the listowner/editor decides
(like Send= 'Tested')?

The reason for asking this is, I've proposed a gateway between
a BitNet-list and its UseNet counterpart. One objection (so far
the only) of the UseNet side was that they didn't like to see
the 'unavoidable-unsubscribe-me messages'.
Although I agree that educating the subscribers is THE solution,
the subject of the discussion (the programming language SMALLTALK)
has a tendency to be misinterpreted by people who want to chat, and
are novices who obviously do not read the blurp that is sent out to
each subscriber.

-joerg