Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 00:10:20 PDT
On Mon, 31 Jul 1995 17:56:00 EST, Amy Stinson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have had a mailing list located at a temporary site since June (before that
> I ran it out of my personal email account). I thought (until today) that I
> would have a permanent site to locate this list in August. Today, that fell
> through due to a job change.
>
> I'm not affiliated with any university and my local server (or any other
> commercial servers in my area) is not planning to add mailing list
> capabilities, so I am at a loss as to how I can continue the list.
>
> Currently this list has over 200 subscribers from 6 countries and is
> administrated with listproc 6.0c. This is, for many subscribers, their only
> link to other machine knitters, so I feel very strongly about keeping it
> going. I would like to locate the list on a server that uses Listserv as I've
> come to appreciate the ease of use for a remote listowner that listserv
> offers.  If anyone has a site or can "sponsor" me, please email me ASAP.

Since you appear to be in Indiana, and the area-code is 317,
invoke any WWW-client, and specify the URL:

              http://TheList.COM/317.html

to get a list of Internet Service Providers in that area.
Scan for 'listserv' or 'listproc', and there's just one "hit":
_____

HolliCom Internet Services
 Area/Country codes: 219, 317, 812
 Automated email:    [log in to unmask]
 Human email:        [log in to unmask]
 Phone:              (317) 883-4562
                     (800) 883-4593
 Fax:                (317) 883-7669
 Services:           Shell, SLIP, PPP, 56K, T1, Listserv, WWW, UUCP
 Fees:               Shell:    $15 per Month/120 hours
                     SLIP/PPP: $20 per Month/120 hours