Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:44:13 -0500
Hmm, why would anyone stick with AOL, especially when they have
Internet access at work and an account with a local ISP, as well?

I've had an AOL account for several years, since long before they
started bragging about being #3, behind Compuserve and whoever was
#2 back then. I used to use my AOL account on a regular basis, when
I had no other alternative, but have had all mail blocked on the
master account for at least two years. So, why do I stick with AOL?

My oldest son is a professional musician. He plays with a professional
orchestra and teaches music at the college level, as adjunct faculty
at four different schools. His email address on AOL is the only thing
that doesn't change every few months. He puts his email address and/or
the URL for his web page on everything from business cards to flyers
advertising music lessons. As far as he's concerned, switching service
providers would create more problems than it would resolve, and would
defeat the purpose of having stayed with AOL for so long. That may
change, but until it does, I guess I'll just have to accept the fact
that I'm one of "the dumbest 5% of the Internet".

Why do people stick with GM? or Ford? or ...

pdr