Eugenio Gatto <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 16:19:14 GMT+1
--- Disguised SENDER or REPLY-TO in mail text. - Torino, 1995-06-27

Recently, on a list I am subscribed to, was reported as a bug that if
mail text contains "an address in <angle brackets> which may resemble a
list address then LISTSERV parser will reject it, even though the quoted
headers are indented or placed behind > or >> marks or similar."

Of course, I prefer to consider this device in the loop checker a
"feature", not a "bug". But my experience is different: a letter was
distributed even with SENDER and REPLY-TO in the text pointing to the
list (exactly our list, not just "resembling a list address"); and I
deduced that the loop checker was defeated by '>' indentation (with
spaces indentation a similar came to me via ERRORS-TO).

What is the real behaviour ? (Of course, I wouldn't like to send test
messages to my list). And, in the same line of thought, what are the
words checked in the first line of text ? (SUBSCRIBE UNSUBSCRIBE ...).
Thanks.

<-- Eugenio Gatto    (list owner [log in to unmask])