"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:56:21 -0700
Hi all-

I am feeling rather foolish, but I have no idea how to go about getting this information independently, because I don't even know what the thing I am looking for is called.

I am trying to allow specific attachments through on certain lists, and I found the documentation for how to do that. I think I have done this correctly:

attachments= yes,image/gif,application/*msword

Assuming that is true, and I have done this bit correctly (it seems to work), the thing I need help with is this. Where is a reference so that I can determine the correct nomenclature for defining the file types? It was sheer luck that these were in the examples in the L-Soft documentation, but if I want to allow/disallow a variety of other file types, I am not sure where I can find the precise terminology.

Can anyone point me to a resource that defines the correct naming conventions?

TIA!

Shannon  :-)

Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress
310-543-1716
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.