Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:36:31 -0400
If you don't want outsiders to get your headers, then what you do
is set it to REVIEW=owners.  (I strongly believe you should always
do that, because there is no good reason for just anybody on your
list to be able to get a complete list of all subscribers).

But -- if they send a message INFO <listname>, they'll still get
your headers.

So what you have to do is to send in an information file to replace
the default "INFO" file (which is your headers, because your headers
contain a short description of your list).  Then when someone
queries listserv for "info" on your list, they'll get the message
you wrote rather than your headers.

The on-line L-Soft Listowners' manual tells you how to do this.
I'd ignore the quickie version of the manual -- just bookmark the
full manual at:  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/owner/owner.html

Then you want to click on Chapter 9. Customizing LISTSERV's Default
Mail Templates.

Section 9.4.1 specifically tells you how to create an INFO file, but
you really should read the prefatory material too.

Mary Schweitzer, listowner WECAN, WECAN-Chat, Sasyfras, and PWC-Info
(all on home.ease.lsoft.com, and all having to do with the disease
chronic fatigue (and immune dysfunction) syndrome)
Also co-editor [log in to unmask]
http://pw1.netcom.com/~schweit2/home.html