Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 09:00:00 PDT
On Mon, 24 Jul 1995 11:30:16 -0400, Josh Renzema <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I maintain the JOBPLACE list, and a few of the subscribers have been
>complaining that they get error messages when they post to the list.
>The message is only distribted to the poster, not to the entire list (quite
>frankly, I don't see how the the message got to them, but c'est la vie!)

The message was generated by the mail-receiving software at the site
of some specific subscriber of the JOBPLACE list, and was addressed
to the ID listed in the 'FROM:' line of a specific posting.

>What should I tell the posters?
That you've fixed the problem, by removing the ID:

    [log in to unmask]           Xxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxx

from the mailing-list, since postings are being "non-delivered" to that ID.