Sue Sturcke sfo <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 09:19:41 +0800
Bruce, amongst a lot of other stuff you wrote:

>(Yes I
>know we can accomplish the same things by each of us editing the headers
>as needed, but that is a hassle, especially for remote owners who have to
>wait a half-hour or sometimes several hours just to get a confirm message
>to get the header in the first place...)

I co-own a list out or American University, Washington DC, and I'm here in
Australia.

The only delays in GETting or PUTting are through ordinary delays of my
server, the american.edu server or any damage to lines between Perth (here
in Western Australia) and Melbourne, where the Australian hub is.

Normally I have response from american.edu's listserv within minutes, or if
it's real busy, an hour.

Of course, it's currently 8.15 pm Saturday in US EST, and you can see its
9.15 am Sunday here in Perth, so try choosing off-peak times to send your
listserv commands.

Peace and all good from
Sue

Sue Sturcke sfo                    email:  <[log in to unmask]>
University of Western Australia    phone   +61 9 349 8568
"Praise God by your life!" (Clare of Assisi- 1193-1253)