Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Sep 1992 15:15:15 PDT
On Fri, 11 Sep 1992 07:45:52 EDT, Roger Burns <BFU@NIHCU> wrote:
>I tried to send a LISTSERV command to alter my VALERT subscription at
>LISTSERV@LEHIIBM1 & I find that not only is there no longer a LISTSERV there,
>but the entire LEHIIBM1 node has disappeared.
>Does anyone know what has happened?
>Are all of the lists based at LEHIIBM1 truly gone, without notice?

For example,
+----------
! Date:         Thu, 2 Jul 1992 20:48:48 CET
! Sender:       Crosswell Mailer  <XMAILER@UGA>
! From:         Hans-Ulrich Giese <U001212@HEARN>
! Subject:      new/del nodes for 9208
!
! deleted nodes:
! ANLNESC   ! AUNIW     ! AWIUNI01  ! CILSEN
! CLUTX     ! DRAKE     ! HAMPVMS   ! ISUEVAX   ! JPNNRO
! LEHICDC1  ! LEHICIM1  ! LEHIGH    ! LEHIIBM1
! ... other lines deleted ...
!

The address [log in to unmask] is running a UNIX-based software package,
written by Anastasios Kotsikonas which is somewhat like Eric's LISTSERV.

The address [log in to unmask] still runs Eric's LISTSERV,
and still hosts 'CICS-KER', 'VALERT-L', and 'VIRUS-L' mailing lists,
although a copy of the BITNET routing-tables, which LISTSERV uses,
since April 29, 1992.

Write to [log in to unmask] for more information about this LISTSERV.