Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:48:45 -0500
Hi Dave,

we too are just setting up Listserv Lite on Windows, and you are one step
ahead of us, so I'm not sure we can be of help -- just yet

I have joined the LISTSERV-LITE list, but it is not clear to me that folks
there have time to answer a newbie's questions (yes, I have spent quite a
bit of time with the archives and the documentation), so it would be good
to find a few folks out there willing to share and help each other, and I'm
hoping we might do that for each other (via my behind- the-scenes dh in our
case who knows all about stuff like DNS, SMTP and servers).

You may already have done this, but in reading the documentation last
night, I noticed that the List Maintainer must also be a subscriber of each
list in order to mail to it (though, then I suspect you would receive a
different reply, not one about DNS and SMTP).

>I am in Los Angeles and would be willing to offer premium beer to anyone
>that would like to come and fix this. Or if you know the solution I have
>an (800) number and would love for someone to walk me through the steps I
>am missing.

please let me know privately if you need more help, and my dh will contact
you privately

Molly
(who is looking for a "few good contacts" to be able to compare notes on
with LISTSERV-LITE)