"David A. Rinke II <[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 14:03:58 -0500
I am writing this letter as a request to anyone who is a listserv manager and
would be willing to host a humor mailing list. I have run this list (Funny
Pages) for several years, and currently am using coollist to host the list.
However, their quality of service has dropped considerably in the last couple
of months, and their tech-support has fallen to zero.

Therefore, I am currently looking for a site to host this list. The statistics
are as follows:

10 or so messages per day, from me.
900 users at present - growing daily
Jokes are rated when sent out as "Clean" or "Rated" for users to choose which
they would like to read.

As I said, I am the only one who would be allowed to "post" to this list -
everything that users send has to come through me so the list doesn't turn into
a chatter room. My vision of this list was one where someone could receive 10
jokes or so a day (digest or separate, their choice), and not have to wade
through all of  the conversation present on many other joke lists.

If you are interested in hosting this list, please e-mail me,
[log in to unmask], and let me know. I am looking for a site that can host
it at no charge, as I have very little spare money...

Thank you for your consideration.

David A. Rinke II
PO Box 10962
Erie, Pa. 16515

E-Mail - [log in to unmask]
Homepage - http://www.erie.net/~drinkeii

Vice President - Belle Valley Fire Department
Officer - State Police of Crawford and Erie Counties, PA.
PA Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) #097472
Owner of the "Funny Pages" humor mailing list - send "list: <funnypages>"
to [log in to unmask] (without the quotes) to subscribe!
For more info on Funny Pages - http://www.erie.net/~drinkeii/funny.html

(for those interested) Updated - 7/17/96

Standard Disclaimer: Everything I write is my opinion andmine alone - it
should not reflect upon any organization I am a member of/work for, etc. If
it does - too bad! (the above is for lists where this kind of thing is
almost required, or you will lose your job/income/mind, or a combination of
the three!)

And a few more: (snagged from other .sig files!)

"We can't be so fixated on our desire
 to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans ..."
 -- Bill Clinton  (USA TODAY, 11 March 1993, page 2A)
(Any wonder why the CDA was passed??? - Yippee! Injuncted!)
Courtesy of Joe Block

Use of the above Email address or URL for unsolicited commercial
Email (or otherwise on or as part of a mailing list) indicates
your direct intention to pay David A. Rinke II the sum of USD$100,000.00
upon receipt of an invoice from him or his authorised representative.

 Veni, Vidi, Velcro  - (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
 Veni, Vidi, Visa - (I came, I saw, I shoped)
 Live and learn, or you won't live long!
 "And above all, eschew obfuscation!"