Michael Loftis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:21:19 -0600
--On August 15, 2005 5:04:33 PM -0500 Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> In April 2005, I sent an enhancement request to L-Soft, asking that they
> implement support for the use of RFC 2369 headers. A copy of that message
> was posted to the LSTSRV-L list and is available in the archives of that
> list. To date, L-Soft has not responded, either publicly or privately,
> to that request.

In theory, if one wanted, you could create a command/filter you ran instead
of lsv_amin that called lsv_amin after adding the headers you want.  Using
say the perl MIME module or MIME::Lite module.  Or the mime-construct suite
of tools (based on the perl mime modules)...

I'm not saying this is the right way, but it is a way.  Really though
L-Soft should implement this.  They're pretty far 'behind the times' as far
as that goes.  If more/most list software supported it that will push the
MUA crowd to support it too.

I actually have a small wishlist of things I'd like to see in ListServ.
Like the ability to somehow (for advanced users like myself) specify/work
with the bounce handling mechanism, or to be able to use the 'more
standard' + seperator even, currently I have a bit of a hack to handle that
but eh.  To me it's still the best software out there, but it's starting to
look a little dusty.  One of our customers pointed out the messages about
BITNET in the 14.3 standard templates.  I've changed our sitewide overrides
for now, but I was pretty sure BITNET was dead?  Maybe I'm wrong :)