THOMAS THOLE <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 22:06:19 -0600
Folks,

When I set up a list and want to train in a listowner, I list myself
and the novice owner as owners.  In a recent list I set up, I listed
us as follows:

*
*  Confidential= Yes
*  Subscription= By_owner   Notify= Yes   Review= (ELMSS-P)
*  Reply-to= List,Ignore    Files= No     Send= PRIVATE
*  Notebook= Yes,LISTSERV_ROOT:[NOTEBOOK],Monthly,Private
*  Errors-To= Owners
*
*  Owner= [log in to unmask]
*  Owner= [log in to unmask]

On a list that has been going for some time, the header is as follows:
*
*  Confidential= Yes
*  Subscription= By_owner   Notify= Yes    Review= (CANONLAW)
*  Reply-to= List,Ignore    Files= No     Send= PRIVATE
*  Notebook= Yes,LISTSERV_ROOT:[NOTEBOOK],Monthly,Private
*  Ack= yes
*  Errors-To= Owners
*
*  Owner= [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask]
*

The problem:

The novice listowner of the first list cannot forward subscription requests
back to listserv while the novice listowner of the second list can.

On the first list we owners were listed on one line like we are on the second
list, but even then the novice owner of the first list could not forward
the subscription requests.

Listserv in all cases sends back the message that the novice owner is not
an owner of the list.

Both lists are on the same machine.

Any suggestions?

Thomas Thole
Listowner canonlaw, osb-l, priest-l, abbey