"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:35:59 -0500
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Ben Parker wrote:

> No.  The mail clients you cited do not support Resent-xxx: headers that
> are documented in RFC822.  LISTSERV complies with the RFC, those mail
> clients do not.  PC-Pine and Pegasus do support this, but ONLY if you do
> not edit or change the message, not even to 'touch-up' a subject line.

That's interesting. I use Pine, and I cannot properly redirect mail to my
Listserv list. I can redirect it anywhere else, and I could redirect it to
the same list when it ran on Listproc. But when I redirect it (unchanged,
just a simple redirect) to my Listserv list, it appears to have come
directly from me. In the archives, more headers are revealed, and there it
shows that I am not the original sender--but I am still in the "from"
line, so those posts are archived under my name.

Does anyone have any advice on things I could try? I sent a request for
help to the university list administrators, but with the new school year
under way, they are swamped with much more important problems. I do find
this extremely frustrating, however, because there is an active
contributor to my list who, because of some strange problems on his end,
is unable to post to the list. Thus he sends his posts to either me or my
co-owner to be redirected. My co-owner, who uses Eudora, can redirect them
just fine. But when I do it, my address appears in the "from" line.

Thanks for any help.

Jane