Steve Howie <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:47:34 -0500
Cindy wrote:
> No kidding.  Why would you want to do this?  I'd be very wary of
> joining a list you couldn't unsubscribe from.
>
> Also, I don't believe you can do what you want to do.
>
> --Cindy

Political/quasi-legal issues aside, this was brought up in context of an
academic course environment where the professor wants to communicate
one-way with the students.

If we go on the assumption that they must read their email as a
requirement for the course, then yes, we *may* have a need for this
capability. This is just one option we are considering.

The students in question will be enrolled by the list owner - it's not
optional on their part. Once they are enrolled, they're staying subscribed.

I just want to know if this can be done, not whether or not it's a good
thing - thats a whole argument unto itself :)

Scotty

--
Steve Howie
Campus Services, CCS