Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 23:01:08 -0500
On Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:22:52 PDT, Dave Gomberg wrote:
>>Login name: johnsorl                    In real life: JOHNSON ROBERT LEON
>>Directory: /home/johnsorl               Shell: /usr/local/etc/CNSlogin
>
>Well, that's pretty simple.  Maybe we should all just pull *.Colorado.EDU till
>they fix the problem.

Seems more than a trifle extreme and probably would violate someone's
contractual, if not civil, rights.  Letters from lawyers on appropriate
letterhead to (one of) Academic VP, Provost, President, and Chair of Board
of Trustees, would be likely to make the postmaster and the postmaster's
boss wish they'd disposed of the problem MUCH sooner.  Nice narrow
targeting of those responsible and irresponsible without hammering lots of
innocent academic citizens.

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax