Fri, 12 Jun 1992 08:45:27 EDT
>On Thu, 11 Jun 1992 16:13:00 -0500 John B Harlan said:
>>
>>     I'd love to get my hands on a file that includes those two elements
>>(alpha listing by nodename, and site i.d.) *and* each node's Internet tag
>>(of thems that's gots :-)  Sign me,

I get this info by sending a *local* command

    TELL LISTSERV SHOW NODE <nodename>

and get back aliases, machine and operating system, postmaster,
administrator, . . . nearly a page of data.

Our mainframe also has a Bitnet nodes file through which I can browse.

If yours does too, no need to tie up network resources.

Karl Signell