Daniel Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:11:43 GMT
"M. LEBLANC" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Does this apply *everywhere*, or only to gateways obtained through the
>good works of Jim McIntosh via American University? :-)

Does _what_ apply?  If you coordinate your gateway efforts, you will be
coordinated with others that coordinate their efforts.  You will no be
coordinated with others who do not coordinate their efforts.

>In other words, can I post with *assurance* a reply to the original
>poster that I quoted earlier, that this (only one gateway to/from a
>newsgroup) is policy *everywhere*?

I don't know of _any_ system administration policy that is policy
_everywhere_.  Such is the nature of the beast.

>As for "symptoms" of another gateway being opened from the newsgroup
>that I'm gating, I should rephrase that too:
>
>Has anyone ever *experienced* a second gateway being opened?
>What was it like?

I don't have such experience, but certain aspects are easy to predict.

--
Daniel