Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:21:09 -0500
Dennis wrote on 12/08/2010 10:45:15 AM:

> I've been receiving the following error from one of my lists in the
> Daily error
> monitoring report:
>
> Err First Last  Address
> --- ----- ----- -------
>  3 12/07 12/07 User's Name   <user's email address>
>                 Last error: 5.5.4 501 5.5.4 Unrecognized parameter
>
> There are nine entries in the error report, all from the same
> domain.  I'd just
> chalk it up to a error on the other end, except that one of the e-mail
> addresses is on another list whose messages go through.
>
> I checked the error messages in the LSTOWN archives and came up empty.
Anyone
> seen this error?  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

I'd suggest looking at the logs on the mail relay to see if there is more
detail.  Also try sending an email outside of the list to the failing
recipients.  Last, try forging a message to one of the recipients via
telnet from the mail relay.

You might need help from the owner of the mail relay for some of this.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.