Lenny Huntley <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:58:25 -0400
Is there anything on our part that we should modify to accommodate those
people.   Or any suggestions we should make to them on how to handle the
message format?

Lenny Huntley

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Ben Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, July 11, 2000 4:54 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Unknown characters in email

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:44:16 -0400, Lenny Huntley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

You are using un-encoded 8-bit characters in your message text (and in your
Subject: line (Linda Chaé) and this mail gateway took it upon itself to
convert
your incompatible email into an acceptable foramt (quoted-printable
encoding)
which is a 7bit-safe representation of 8-bit characters.  the QP encoding
does
the =3D among other things.  This is normal.