Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Feb 1994 16:15:15 -0500
The recommendation was made (by Peter Weiss?) that using the LIST-ID=
keyword could solve this problem.  If I recall correctly, the original
inquiry was to have mail directed to the old listname be directed to the
new listname.  I've just reviewed old LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L messages about
LIST-ID and apparently setting LIST-ID= will allow commands to use the
list-id as an alias, however it will not enable mail to be forwarded to
the listname.  If this limitation was changed in later versions of Revised
Listserv, I've missed the message describing that.  (I've never tried this
myself, I'm just going by the old messages that discuss this.)

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]