"Robert M. Straubinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 12:00:36 -0500
Somebody wrote:
>> > ... have decided to halt all  new subscriptions from users at Netcom.com...

Does anyone have an update on whether the problem is continuing? Two of my
lists were hit in the first round, but things now appear quiet.

Today, however, one of my students reports 2-3 pieces of email addressing
him by name, using a familiar tone, from individual(s?) he does not know.
The return is (ix(?)).netcom.com

Although this may appear off-topic for this list (I apologize in advance) I
am concerned whether there is continuing mischief. I bring it up here
because of the concerns raised over the last few days, and the fact that
information here has been somewhat more definitive than on other lists...

-rms

Bob Straubinger
SUNY/Buffalo Pharmaceutics