"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 07:34:00 EST
>When I receive mail from a list, it generally (but not always) shows the
>listname in the "to" instead of the name of the person who originated the
>post.
>This used to be mildly annoying, but now, as a listowner, it is a problem when
>people post list commands to the list and I don't know who to react to.

>Since some lists do give me names, I assume that this is somewhere in the
>listserv software instead of the mail reader, but I don't know for sure.

>Any ideas?  Thanks.

Set you personal distribution to DUALHDR --

set healthre dualhdr

BTW, I did the following database search and it revealed the posters
From: addresses.  My guess is that your mail reading software is
excluding the FROM field in some circumstances (thus my above suggestion).

/* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=3000 f=mail
//Rules DD *
S * in healthre since 94
index date.8 sender.30 subject.40
/*
//  EOJ

(You might like to know that even though your subscription is open,
and anybody can SEND to HEALTHRE, your notebook archives require
you to be a subscriber to fetch/search.)

/Pete ([log in to unmask])  --  co-owner  INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L,  et -L
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA