Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:19:58 -0600
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 10:14:29 -0400, "Cosby, Derek R. Mr. NCR-DOIM"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Now if I want all subscribers to get the message.

Use the reserved topic "ALL:"

>Would the poster just send
>a message to the list without the TOPIC command in the subject.

No.  If you don't put any topic on the Subject: line (or if you mis-spell
the topic keyword or leave out the ":" or make several other possible
errors) then the topic for that message is defined as "OTHER:" (another
reserved Topic).  Only subscribers subscribed to the "OTHER:" Topic will get
a message.

This is why if you intend to use Topics at all, you should be careful to
define Default-Topics= so that new subscribers who don't make a specific
choice (and most won't know how to) will automatically be assigned to one or
more topics determined by the List Owner.

Topics are discussed in detail in the List Owner Manual, Sect 5.3.10 and
Sect 6.7.  http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.pdf