Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:26:15 -0500
I have been a list owner for a long time (and formerly a Listserv admin),
but have been off this list for a couple of years now.

I have rejoined, mainly because I have a question.

I run a list that is "moderated after the fact".  By that I mean it has
   Subscribe= Open
   Send=      Public

But a rather large Filter list (spammers, people who won't follow rules,
etc).  From time to time I have had to change it to be fully moderated
(Send= Editor, Editor= my-address).   I have a couple of people whose
options are set to Review as well.

(finally he gets to the question)
Is there a way to have the list open, but have certain messages send to
the moderator (editor) based on the CONTENT (ie. text strings in the body
of the message)?

Ideally, I would like to be able to have 2 keywords w/ a list of content
words:
  1) for messages where a word shows up in the content to be sent to the
     Editor for review.
  2) for messages where a word shows where the message will be deleted
outright

Eg. something like this:

* ContentEditor = "for sale"
* ContentFilter = "XXX pictures"

Of course, how well it would work is only as good as the words the
listowner selected to be moderated/reviewed.

I know that this did not used to be possible, but being away for a couple
of years like I have, I might have missed this much desired new feature.
If not, can it please, please, pretty please be added to the wish list
(does Eric still read this group?)?

Btw: I did do a search through the lstownr-l archives, but nothing turned
up.

Chris Barnes                                  (979) 458-1539
Computer Systems Manager                      [log in to unmask]
Dept of Geography                             AOL IM:  cnbarnes
Texas A&M University                          ICQ:     3581645