Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:38:44 -0400
[I've read the list owner's manual but need the benefit of your experience ...]

We have a broadcast-only (1-way) announcement list (1x/day) which is
"tightly" controlled.  The content developer is the owner and editor.  She
produces and posts the content to the list and "confirms" the moderated
announcement, though there may be an occasional need for other authorized
content producers to post. Those posters are allowed (but are not
required) to be list-owners.

Nevetheless due to the inherent delays of the process, she would like
there to be multiple approvers for each announcement, *any* of whom could
do the OK to the confirmation, including the authorized poster.

Ideally non-authorized posters would "bounce" and not be sent to the approvers.

LISTSERV is 1.8d

My thinking is that:

SEND= PRIVATE
DEFAULT-OPTIONS= NOPOST,REVIEW
EDITOR= primary_poster,secondary_posters
MODERATORS= ALL,primary_poster,secondary_posters

SET listname POST FOR primary_poster
SET listname POST FOR secondary_posters

Thus authorized posters would be in REVIEW mode and sent to all
moderators, any of whom could approve.

Pete Weiss @ Penn State