Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 10:38:10 -0400
>AEROSP-L list, from different nodes but with suspiciously similar
>and fictitious-sounding names:
>
>[log in to unmask]                              Mr Vortex
>[log in to unmask]                 Mr Stumble
>Does anyone recognize this pattern?  Am I being set up for some
>kind of spam or flame war?  Given the current controversies surrounding
>our museum, I'm feeling just a little nervous about these subscriptions.

Barbara,

Quoting from a note that just came in from lstsrv-l:

>From   IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "LISTSERV give-and-take forum"
        7-JUL-1995 10:24:00.76
>Poster:       Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>
>Overnight I had almost 30 sub/command/posting attempts from someone:
>       Mr. Stumble <[log in to unmask]> ( "User unknown" )

I made free to forward your list of suspicious addresses to lstsrv-l.

Yes, I rather think something *is* up.

(If all of this has already been discussed to death, my sincere apologies,
our mailer was down for several hours this morning, and things are bleeping
in madly at the moment, quite out of order, I suspect, and quite delayed.)

Mario Rups