Sat, 31 Aug 1996 01:43:32 -0500
I apologize if I offend anyone, but I am tired of seeing these attacks
on Sr. Aldo Pier-Solari. He does not deserve it.

Aldo, if I may be familiar, is passionate in conducting and defending his
lists.  I grant you that sometimes he is indiscrete in his postings to
LSTOWN-L.  I have sent him at least one personal message to tell him so.
If any one of you has *never* sent an indiscrete message you are a paragon,
and perhaps should see about canonization (I think you'll have to be dead
for that, though).

Aldo cares deeply for his lists, and anything which disruptes them should
be dealt with sternly (in past years he has had a lot of trouble with
deliberate troublemakers).  I care a great deal for my lists, but I do
not have his ardency, nor do I know of any other listowner who does.

Sometimes he is way off base, sometimes he has very valid gripes but
goes about it the wrong way, and sometimes he is absolutely right,
but no one will listen to him (boy who cried wolf syndrome).  Also,
remember that English, the language of this list, is not his native
language, so you have to read carefully.

I respect Sr. Pier-Solari.  As to SquareNote, they've tried to pull
the same garbage on at least one of my lists and, for them, I have
no respect at all (sorry, we ain't in the business of free commercial
advertising).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L