"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:56:36 +0000
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Dave & Christy wrote:

> I just received this from a listmember and I have no idea why this member
> is having a problem.  I subbed the first address to the list, since my list
> doesn't allow outside posts, thinking that would allow her to post to the
> list, but I got an error report on her.  How can I fix this?  Here is her
> email to me describing her problem:
>
> >     I am still having problems replying to messages or sending messages to
> >     the [log in to unmask]  address.
> >
> >     The error message I receive is something like "my account
> >     [log in to unmask] is not authorized to send
> >     messages."
> >
> >     Do you know what the problem might be??
> >
> >     I receive mail at [log in to unmask]
>
> I changed her email to some-user to protect her privacy.

As far as listserv is concerned, [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] (.com?) are two different users.  A way to get
around this, is to subscribe the address she sends from, at set it to
'nomail'.  This way, she can send from there, or the @cv.hp.com address,
and not get errors.

Hope that helps.

| Pauline M. Marshall        /  /                --= MightyMouse =-- |
| [log in to unmask]          /  /       http://www.logic.net/~mmouse/ |
| I-Barc (Internet Beagle Aficianado Recreation Club) Listowner      |
|                      http://i-barc.common.net/                     |
| SmallDogs (Small Dog Discussion List) Listowner                    |
|       http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~corchard/smalldog.html        |