Mitch Rerek <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:23:09 -0400
Hello,
This is my first day on the list. I've joined because I have been tasked with moving ListServ lists and archives (notebooks) from an outside vendor who is using a VM system to an our Unix system.

Thus far I have developed an efficient method for recreating the lists by having the list owners forward me a copy of a GET command query. I can then reconstruct the list and subscribers along with their options very quickly.

I have another task that I must complete for the data migration to be complete. I have to move all of the existing archives from the VM system to our Unix system. I am told that under VM the list owner's archives are stored in a single file. And that the individual digests are simply viewed as a subset of this single file. Is this accurate?

Secondly, that the list owner could forward me a copy of this single file and I could FTP it to the appropriate directory on my Unix system. Is this accurate as well?

This is only my first week of delving into ListServ and while creating and managing lists (and list owners) seems straightforward, moving the older archives has me a bit puzzled.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you from an overworked and underpaid consultant.

Mitch Rerek
Senior Information Technology Consultant
OIT Customer Support
West Virginia University
(304) 293-4444  ext 2256