Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 13:48:56 -0400
On 9 Apr 2004 at 11:53, Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Up until two or three days ago, I had my list set up to do passive
> probing. Every night for weeks, I get a subsciption renewal monitor report
> that identifies the same set of seventeen subscriptions that are were
> probed. I tried turning off the passive probing a couple of days ago, yet
> the same seventeen subscriptions are still reported as being probed in
> each nightly report. Why? How can I fix this?

Once the probing starts, it will continue every day until the limit
is reached (and they get deleted) or until they stop bouncing.

You can SET a subscription to "NORENEW" to prevent probing of that
address (and I _think_ it also stops probing that has started, but
I'm not totally completely sure of it, but you can try it to find out
quicker than I could).

Your subscriber can send a "CONFIRM listname" command to stop the
probing.

A site admin can send a "FOR address CONFIRM listname" to stop the
probing as well.

Francoise