Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:17:14 -0700
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:31:39 -0500, Mike Pringle <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Question 1:  Is there a utility to import a recipient list into listserv, or
>is there a file layout for the recipient list so we can write programs to
>directly access this file.

Both of these questions are perhaps better addressed on the LSTSRV-L list as
they are more server-wide issues, rather than List Owner matters.

Bulk-Import of addresses from a plain text tile, one address per line is
available either via email or LISTSERV's www interface.

See List Owner manual  Sect 4.4
 http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/owner.html#4.4
or the live demo web interface

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http://demo.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-demo.exe?BULKOP1=DEMO&X=DEMO-NOBODY&[log in to unmask]

(if your mail pgm wraps the above line, you will have to cut/paste to unwrap it
to insert in your browser)

>Question 2:  Are there any resources for testing the listserv application.

No.  Testing any SMTP application in volume can inevitably only be done with
live addresses in real mailings.

>We are trying to anticipate the server load, and bandwidth factors of
>sending out a mailing for one of our clients.  We are interested in testing
>with a large number of recipients.

I suggest you write to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] with more precise
details about your needs and situation.  They will be glad to assist you.