Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:33:10 -0500
On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Mer Gimenez wrote:

> What does  3ACACABRYBQy//// mean?? It's a password???.

It's how the listserv keeps track of each subscriber.  In this case,
here's what the various items mean (as far as I can determine):

3    Listserver version 1.8d is being used
A    Unknown - everyone on my system has this letter
C    Unknown - no one on my system has this letter
A    Normal capabalities (not set to conceal, review, nopost or
                          norenew)
C    Receives mail with a short header; repro option is set
A    Set to mail (not digest or index mode); ack option is set
BRY  The date the person last contacted the listserv, either to
     post a message or change their options.  In this case
     BRY translates to 30 Mar 2000.
BQy  The date the person subscribed to your list.  In this case
     BQy tranlates to 21 Feb 2000.
////  Unknown - I suspect it relates to Web options.

                              Les