Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:40:19 -0400
On Thu, 23 May 2002, Ben Parker wrote:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002 08:55:01 -0400, Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Is there any
> >way I can filter out these notification message requests from incoming
> >mail to my list?
>
> a) you are running 1.8e now and you should explore using the new content
> filter
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-own.html#contentfilter
>
> b) try setting Sender= None in the list header.  MS Mail programs seem to be
> confused between From: user@address and Sender: listname@server as to which to
> send the Receipt acknowledgement to.  But removing 1 source of confusion the
> Recipt ACK goes only to [log in to unmask]

Oddly enough, I did have this particular list running on our 1.8e
installation until the PC we had our Listserv 1.8e running on threw a
temper tantrum big time! The hardware problems are fixed. Coincidentally,
yesterday, I announced on this same list that it will be moving back to
our 1.8e Listserv this Tuesday. After the move is complete, I will explore
the new content filter feature.

Thanks for the suggestion Ben.