Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:41:22 -0500
[Sent the other day but I think this got lost in the shuffle of some other threads so I'll try
resending it once more...]

Has anyone successfully used the web interface for subscriptions with subscription = by owner?

We need the subscribe by owner and it is working well, but I disabled the web interface because
it was forcing confirmations then the request would come to us, and that was (understandably)
too many steps for the subscribers.  Now they want it back, and I'm not sure how to do it.  The
list is set up as:

 Subscription= By owner  Send= Private  Validate= Yes,Confirm

If I take off the Confirm, will web subscription requests then go to the list owners for approval
based on Subscription=By owner?  If so, what other commands that used to be confirmed with
the OK mechanism will no longer require conformation (in other words, what security am I losing
by switching to Validate=Yes and removing the Confirm keyword)?

I tried to sort this out from the list owner's manual but it gives only vague information as to which
specific commands are affected by the various validate settings, so I wasn't certain.

Thanks,

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]