James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:41:29 +0100
On 12 July 2011 14:17, Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I wonder if I should discard "DISCARD_HTML" . . . it's there
> because at the time I last configured the list, long, long ago
> in a galaxy far away, HTML messed up the archives and digest
> subscriptions. Maybe it's outlived its usefulness?

if you have LISTSERV 16 then digests strip out HTML automatically.

I'm running Free Edition on a Linux server, and I allow HTML and
attachments on the two lists, but the two users on Digest were unhappy
until I upgraded to 16 which strips out the "junk" and they get plain
text. All automatically.

I think these are the only options you might be interested in:

* Language= HTML
* Misc-options= UTF8_HEADER

The second one fixed some international characters one of our members
wanted to send.

I use Exchange at work (via Outlook) and have had no problems sending
HTML.  The legacy Exchange issues from the NT4 days (10+ years ago)
have generally gone as companies have upgraded.

James