Tue, 18 Apr 1995 12:12:05 GMT
Hello John,

I have just had a brief look at the above URL. First, let me say that in
principle I have no objections to the information you have made available.
What I would like to say is, I would have prefered to know(as Administrator)
that this project was under development. Although, you have not used any
information that has not been available via the Listserv facilities, you have
now made this information highly visable(yes I know that was the objective).
What it does mean is that I now have some additional work to do to ensure that
each owner of my lists realises that their list is available via the Web in this
manner. They may decide that they would prefer the list to become confidential.
This brings me to my second point. Is the information held updated dynamically ?
i.e. If I change the status of a list does it get updated and when ?

Also, for the record it would be helpful to know how you obtain the list
details. i.e. Exactly, which header fields you use to produce Subscribers,
Archive searching etc. I know some are obvious but I would prefer it if you
defined them for us for future reference.

Penny Windebank
Listserv Admin.
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
The Central Laboratory of the Research Councils
____________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: http://tile.net/listserv.
Author:  LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]> at Internet
Date:    18/04/95 09:38

We've set up a new WWW site for finding LISTSERV lists.  It is part
of the tile.net project and is located at:

http://tile.net/listserv/

It is a heirarchically organized index to LISTSERV lists, grouped by
name, topic, settings, etc, with a free-text search ability (via
freewais-sf).

tile.net also has indices to all Usenet groups, FTP sites, and
computer products vendors.  Tile.net is available at:

htpp://tile.net/

John

John Buckman - [log in to unmask] - (301) 718-7840
Walter Shelby Group Ltd. - Internet Software Publishers
http://www.shelby.com/pub/shelby/ - ftp://ftp.shelby.com/pub/wsg/