Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 May 1999 10:20:09 -0400
On 13 May 99, at 10:12, Paul Wayper wrote:

> Is it possible for the list owner to write a new value for the Send=
> keyword in the main list header and will this overwrite the setting
> in the keyword file.  (Side note: will the position of the Send=
> header in the main list header - before or after the included keyword
> file - make any difference)?

If a keyword is found twice in the header file, LISTSERV will basically
add them together. For example:

Owner= [log in to unmask]
Owner= Quiet:
Owner= [log in to unmask]

is equivalent to:

Owner= [log in to unmask],Quiet:,[log in to unmask]

So yes, order does matter, and whether or not it will work depends on
whether LISTSERV will accept the extra parameters and what it will do to
them.

For example, if you have

Send=Public
[...]
Send=Private

that adds up to

Send=Public,Private

Since the Send command accepts more than one parameter, it will accept
both. I'm not sure how it would interpret it -- I'm guessing that it act
as if it were public, but I'd have to test it to find out for sure. If it
ended up as Send=Private,Public, I would suspect that would also be
public. Even if it worked this version, I wouldn't guarantee that it won't
break next version, since that's not a documented valid access-level (see
Appendix B).

In other words, the answer to your question is "it depends".

Francoise