Brian Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:34:29 -0400
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:35:58 -0500, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On: Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:40:36AM -0500,Brian Bohlmann Wrote:
>
>} I'd like to configure my list to behave in a certain manner, are there list
>} configuration templates available for this? More to the point, I'd like to
>} have my list behave in the following way.
>}
>} 1. most subscribers can post without moderation
>}
>} 2. specific problem subscribers get moderated
>}
>} 3. non-subscribers must self-confirm (to reduce spam) and then get
>}
>}    moderated
>}
>}
>} I've tried different configurations and subscriber options to no avail. I've
>} tried the following configuration
>}
>} Editor=       [log in to unmask],(this-listname)
>}
>} Send=         Editor,Hold
>
>Brian,
>The listname as an editor no longer works as it used to in the newest
>update of listserv.  Here is what you need from one of my lists:
>
>> * Send = Private
>> * Editor= [log in to unmask]
>> * Moderator= all,[log in to unmask]
>
>#1 and #2 are controlled by the REVIEW/NOREVIEW setting.  If you want all
>new subscribers to be on REVIEW, use:
>
>> * Default-Options= review,. . .
>
>I think the private gives you #3.
>
>--
>Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
>Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67
>Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky                   Owner:Chinook-L
>Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue. www.panix.com/~richgr/   Asst Owner:Sibernet-L

Thanks for the reply Rich,

So, the listname as editor "did" work in the previous release? From what I
found in the 1.8d and 1.8e documentation, this was not supposed to work as
it would override the review subscriber option setting. Another list owner
acutally brought this up and also said this used to work before we upgraded
to 14.3, but I didn't believe him.

The problem with your configuration is that non-subscribers won't be able to
post and we want to allow non-subscribers to post, but to moderate them.

thanks,
-Brian