Sun, 21 Jan 1996 17:07:44 -0500
-- [ From: Huy Vu * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> Huy,
>
> What you are proposing is what started this whole error message thread in
> the first place - I have already created an error list.  I call it the
> Owner Digest.  What I did contains all the owner mail - errors,
> notifications, owner mailbox, listserv error report, etc - and, all
> messages are truncated.  So those 100K digests that come back as errors
> are only 60 lines long.  Here is a sample issue of our Owner Digest.  I
> am promoting it on LsTown as I am hoping that LSoft will create some kind
> of utility for this for other owners.  So if you like this, please say so
> on lsTown to help garner more support!  I start each of the once-a-day
> Owner Digests with a listserv summary, which also helps out the list owner
:

Kevin,

What you seem to be missing is that while you have created for yourself an
Owner's Digest, there are people out there who do not have one and as a
result must wait for Lsoft to decide to add and then add it to the software.
 Unfortunately, you did not "bottle" your Digest or explain exactly how you
went about setting it up so that other people may help themselves with such
an arrangement.  I'm sure if you had "bottled" it and passed it along, this
thread might have ended already.  Not everyone has to time or patience
(while tons of error messages come in) to wait for a feature to be added to
software.  Witness the number of commercial, freeware and shareware
utilities for all versions of Windows (yes I know it is more complex, but
that's not the point).  What I provided was a relatively simple way for list
owners to set up their own Owner's Digest (but not with all the features in
your digest) now.  At the end of my previous post I did state that I too
would like a digest like yours, but like everything else in the world that
you want/need, you want it yesterday (or so it feels) not someday.