"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 16:34:20 -0400
On 30 Apr 97 at 14:11, Dan Lester wrote:

> >2. Is it possible to ADD (or QUIET ADD) a large number of new persons to the
> >list by one command?  Or is it only possible by placing in front of each new
> >subscriber [QUIET] ADD MyList e-mail@address Full-Name?
>
> It can be done in one message (any message can contain multiple
> commands, no matter what type), but my experience is that you need
> the "add listname" in front of each address and name.  Of course you
> could use a macro or copy command to facilitate that if you wished.

   What you want to do is a bulk add job which is described under
section 4.3 of the list owners manual (1.8c).

      QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
      //X DD *
      address1
      address2
      addressN
      /*

   QUIET and IMPORT are optional, but if you do not include IMPORT
you will have to include each subscribers full_name after their
address.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.