Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:12:58 -0500
On 8/4/00 3:07 AM, Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>>Being a "substitute" listowner does put you in a difficult position,
>>Mary.
>>
>>I would tell you to tell the person "list policy is we do not allow
>>anonymous postings" (I don't on my lists) but the vagaries of
>>"registration" of "names"  does put you in a bind.
>
>She understands the policy, but she doesn't know why the other person
>"can post anonymously." I keep telling her Listserv must have
>malfunctioned. I guess what I want to know at this point is simply
>this: Am I right in my belief that Listserv is *supposed* to look up
>the names when the messages come in without one? Is AOL an exception
>of some sort? If it is, then why doesn't it?

You may need to re-ADD them with the name. If the name is properly in the
signup files and hasn't been changed for other lists or REGistration (as
sometimes happens), then it will appear with their posting.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | Finger/Web for PGP