"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 07:44:00 EST
>  The brief section of the Manual quoted below implies that I should be
>able to edit this file once it has been created.  Thus far, I have been
>unable to to do this.  When I sent:

>> tell listserv get ped-em-l mailtpl

>I got this response:

>> * File "PED-EM-L MAILTPL" is unknown to LISTSERV.

>Am I missing something simple?  I'd rather not bother the busy list
>maintainer in order to tinker with the MAILTPL file.

This portion of file maintenance is exactly like any file stored
in the filelist.  The file that your are attempting to PUT has
NOT been properly defined within some filelist.  Basically, your
must update a filelist (or perhaps have the listserv-maintainer
create a new filelist for your list) so that a reference to your
MAILTPL exists.  Only AFTER that takes place do you have the
opportunity to PUT the file.

Other helpful instructions are also e-mailable via
[log in to unmask] (with body of text)

GET LSVOWNER FIL-LIST

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]
Favorite LISTSERV list: LSTOWN-L   Favorite LISTSERV cmd: DATABASE Search